I have finally managed to finish Marlon the Lego Mindstorms robot’s ultrasound sensor array so that he can scan objects in front of him and build a profile of those distances, both horizontally and vertically. Here is the video explaining a bit more about how I have created the ultrasound sensor array. It seems my video editing skills are coming on as slowly as my code, so apologies in advance, you can always skip to the links!
Robotics links from the video:
- Active-robots – a supplier with a wide range of robots and robot parts, UK based
- Adafruit – a supplier and community with lots of cool toys!
- Limor Fried Named Entrepreneur of the Year – article about the founder of Adafruit
- Where’s my robot? - Thought-provoking video from Techonomy 2012 featuring John Markoff, Rodney Brooks and Andy McAfee
- Hexapod Meets Hexacopter – the title says it all, very cool!
- Engineering Slide Charts – a useful slide rule for screw and fastener sizes
- neuron – the makerspace/hackerspace I have just joined in Moscow:-)
- Bce Arduino – All Arduino, a Russian site about Arduino projects (google translate here)
- Multiple ultrasound sensors – a bit more info on using multiple ultrasound sensors
- Error Eliminating Rapid Ultrasonic Firing for Mobile Robot Obstacle Avoidance – useful paper
- World Modeling and Position Estimation for a Mobile Robot Using Ultrasonic Ranging – another useful paper
My ultrasound sensor array RobotC code on Github
Finally, have a lovely Christmas and a prosperous New Year!